First Ever Tig Arcs - Just Added First Week Progress

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
Bought a new Miller Dynasty 300 Tig Runner package and this is my first ever attempt at getting started with Tig welding. Following an online course available from Pacific Arc Tig Welding. Nothing pretty so far but it is a start. I will post a full video of unpacking and setting up this machine as well.

Here is an update to my Tig Welding learning, at a week into it. Some full Dry Arcs and just starting to step the Tig Arcs. A little more practice and next up will be introducing filler rod.

The continuation of my Tig Welding learning. This was my first attempt at using filler rod. Have about 15-20 hours of total practice so far with Dry Arc Dabs and Dry Arcs. Now truly putting it all together and getting the other hand in the mix. Super fun so far and I am excited to continue to improve.

I love that you've kept these videos short. I joined the PA lessons as a result of your "experiment" as well as needing incentive to get more 'seat time' with my TIG. Watching...

GsT

I love that you've kept these videos short. I joined the PA lessons as a result of your "experiment" as well as needing incentive to get more 'seat time' with my TIG. Watching...

GsT
Awesome, happy to hear they inspired you, and good luck with the learning.

I've never in my life heard of a "dry arc". What's that mean?

Have you gotten to the lesson on how to hold filler rod in your mouth while supporting yourself with your nondominant hand, or is that in the advanced TIG series?

I've never in my life heard of a "dry arc". What's that mean?

Have you gotten to the lesson on how to hold filler rod in your mouth while supporting yourself with your nondominant hand, or is that in the advanced TIG series?
Dry arcs just mean no filler rod. Initially just starting the arc and making a nice controlled puddle, then moving the torch controlling the width of the puddle, straight line, stand off distance, cleanliness etc. then add filler rod and next up will be joints.

And I will venture to guess the mouth hold and acrobatic stance is in the advanced course. Clearly something to look forward to.

Good luck! Practice practice practice.

How do you like Dusty's course? I've never considered a remote course because I felt it wouldn't be as effective as in-person - particularly the immediate feedback of a weldor as you're welding.

Back