fog buster

I know this is an old thread but, Has anyone that has one of these misters , Put longer lok-line on it.

1565383356985.png

I just ordered something like that and Kool mist #77. I am a bit excited how it turns out. I also wonder if the mist is safe to breath.

I just ordered something like that and Kool mist #77. I am a bit excited how it turns out. I also wonder if the mist is safe to breath.
I use that same setup and coolant on my surface grinder. It works fine, just make sure you adjust it (or any 'mister') so it is more sputtering than misting. Even then, and with a safe coolant like the Kool Mist, it is important to wear a dust mask at the bare minimum. If I don't, I start getting a sore throat, goes away when I use protection.

Bob, do you know if it has a tube running through the loc-line to the nozzle?

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk

Mine either runs flat out or not at all. I have a Noga that I'll take dimensions off of to make it work.

I have one like in the photo. With two adjustment valves on the body I have great control, I have a KoolMist one with one valve on the body and one on the nozzle. Hated it. I was always having to tweak it every time I started it. I would like a little longer LocLine on mine too. Though I have a preaty good range with my current mount. I also use a large LocLine attached to my Wet/Dry ShopVac to remove swarf and over-mist. Actually I always set the controls to "spit" rather than "mist". Another addition is the little orange collar that clamps the LocLine to the valve body. It keeps the line from popping off if I try to put it into too tight a curve.

Ken

MisterVac.jpg

Bob, do you know if it has a tube running through the loc-line to the nozzle?

Sent from my SM-S757BL using Tapatalk
I just went out and unscrewed the nozzle. Yes, there is a small hose inside the loc-line.

Thanks Bob

That means to replace that hose to make it longer.

originally used a "Cool Mist" system. This is where the liquid is not under pressure and gets pulled into the mist head via a venturi system. I found it was very fidlely, took time to get it started if I used it infrequently and needed constant adjustment. I switched to a "Fog Buster" style where the liquid is under pressure and mixed with the air stream just before the output. Could not be happier with this one. Stays in adjustment. only takes a second to feed the liquid if it has been off for a day or longer.

Back