For Mark_F, South Bend Carriage Stop Pics

A

Andre

Forum Guest
Register Today
Sorry for the delay, Mark. Here are the pics of the South Bend 13" carriage stop. I don't know what shots you need to build one, so if you want it apart or a picture in another angle please don't hesitate to ask. I'm posting this here not in a PM in case anybody else making a carriage stop wants a reference.

Have a good one, Mark!

For scale, that's a 6" wide mill vise.
The carriage stop, has bronze linear bushings, felt wipers on the rod, .050" per rev. graduated dial, and yes that lock screw is bent.
photo 1 (38).JPG

photo 2 (39).JPG

Notice the jack screw under the other end of the clamp.
photo 3 (32).JPG

photo 4 (26).JPG

photo 5 (21).JPG

photo 1 (38).JPG photo 2 (39).JPG photo 3 (32).JPG photo 4 (26).JPG photo 5 (21).JPG

Thanks, Those are perfect. What is the total length
and the diameter of it?

Thank you ,
Mark

Sorry for the delay, Mark. Here are the pics of the South Bend 13" carriage stop. I don't know what shots you need to build one, so if you want it apart or a picture in another angle please don't hesitate to ask. I'm posting this here not in a PM in case anybody else making a carriage stop wants a reference.

Have a good one, Mark!

For scale, that's a 6" wide mill vise.
The carriage stop, has bronze linear bushings, felt wipers on the rod, .050" per rev. graduated dial, and yes that lock screw is bent.
View attachment 89152

View attachment 89153

Notice the jack screw under the other end of the clamp.
View attachment 89154

View attachment 89155

View attachment 89156

Next time I will be in the shop I will measure it. Do you want the body length or the rod length? Rod length is OAL.

The rod is 7/16" X 4.5" with a .125" x .0625" keyway.

The round portion of the body is 1 3/8" X 3 1/8" and the body with endcaps is 3 7/16".

The dial is 1 3/8" around the knurl and the graduated portion is 1 1/4" (bit of a step) with a 45* angle mating the two.

Depth is 2 3/4" from clamp to front edge.

It stands 2.5" high from bottom of clamp to hex screw counterbore boss. (raised portion where the cap of the bolt sits in)

And it reads in 1/2 thou increments with a .050" per rev dial.

If you need any more measurements feel free to ask. (And I'll be faster about it this time :)))

Back