Ford 302 V-8 engine (1/3 scale)

Absolutely amazing! I've seen some very nice running models and am continually amazed at the efforts.
Great Job!

Bob

Great job it looks just like the one from my truck but mine had a rod out the side. Is this made from bar stock or did you make castings? I've got bar stock to build a small block Chevy after working 15 years on Injection molds and 15 at the Powertrain Engine plant it should be fun. They just got the new 2014 Corvette engine build I'll need to visit to see this.

Hi Walltoddj
The engine is built completely from bar stock, even down to the rocker covers and oil pan. To make it from castings would have been another 2 year project and for a one-off wouldn't have been worth the extra time.
gbritnell

Awesome!

I have nothing but the highest praise for the work! I could get a cold, cool pop and a chair a watch it run all day, much better than TV these days.

great work, Sandy

Wow. I've seen a few references to this engine in various places on the internet. These are the first photos I've seen. Do you take it to any shows still? I was really excited to see that you are also in Ohio. This makes me think I may have a chance to see this in person.

Hi dtberry3,
Where are you located in Ohio? I do a few shows in northern Ohio and usually go to the Zanesville show in the fall. I'm in Strongsville by the the way. Just south of Cleveland.
gbritnell

I am in awe!

Tell me, Windsor, or Cleveland?

Please say Cleveland.. Please say Cleveland.. Please say Cleveland..!!!

The 302 was the first engine I ever tore down. That is amazing! It also looks like the telephone huge sitting on the table next to the engine if I didn't know any better.

Back