Found a good use for my Crosman .22 cal. pellet gun

The sea gulls have been making a terrible mess out of my dock. Now I send a pellet bouncing down the dock and they take off in a hurry. No need to hit any of

In the Navy, on my first ship, at almost every evening meal there were plenty of dinner rolls.
Sometimes there were extras so when we were in port we'd start tossing pieces of them to the sea gulls. There would be scores, maybe even
hundreds of gulls flying around trying to catch the rolls mid air and rarely did a piece of bread hit the water before if was caught and eaten midflight.
A goofy pal of mine got the bright idea to soak the pieces of roll in Tobasco sauce and then throw them out.
The gulls would catch and swallow them and immediately dive head first for the water where they would regurgitate the bread and soak their mouths in the water for a while.
We were just a bunch of dumb kids then but I still have to chuckle when I think about those times.

we rented a house up in RI at newport with a bunch of friends... A hurricane hit and pretty much destroyed everything, including the beaches. But not to be deterred we got some sandwiches went to the beach or what remained of it, and had lunch. My wife had a seagull land on her nose with it talons, grab the sandwich right out of her hand and mouth as she was biting it, and launched up... the talons shredded her nose. We were all laughing because it was so funny, but the sad thing is it wasn't, she was bleeding pretty heavily... What a hit and run job.

Back