Found scrap yard.

I agree, seems a shame to let so much stuff just sit and waste away. This was our 1st visit there. Walking in appeared as if the owner didn't like a offer on something, as a man standing was saying "I'm not trying to be a a**hole about it." Is that a HD Hummer hanging from the rafter?
I think so.
Or whats left of one..........

Last edited:
There was a 'mostly' complete Italian HD there also, under a metal carport, so in better condition. I think they were 350cc

My first full time mech job after high school was working in a VW wrecking yard building and repairing engines. At first glance it was a mess but Frank the owner knew what was worth something and needed to be inside and what could be outside. The beauty of VW’s was if the body was ok and the glass was there, you had good air tight storage and several cars that he sold the interior on became portable storage.

He was not just a hoarder and would sell you anything and it was not a guessing game. He had 15ac and knew where everything was and what would work with what and what new price was. So there was none of this ”make me an offer“ crap. That was offensive to Frank even though he was a haggler. A customer would ask a price and he’d tell you what he wanted and sometimes there was wiggle room, sometimes there wasn’t.

It’s a tough racket because it’s all about how rare it is, what condition it’s in and how many you have or can get etc. He reminded me of my grandfather, had to go to work early so didn’t have much of a formal education but was not stupid or lazy. And an incredible memory. And no matter who you were he treated you with respect as long as you treated him the same. Another generation and a long gone breed IMHO.

By the look of that yard he should go into the aluminum smelting biz because most of those cases and heads are so corroded the machined surfaces are shot.

Back