Found this Today

OakRidgeGuy

Active User
Registered
Some stuff that I got today.

Jacobs 1B & 32 drill chucks, some endmills, hand knurling tool, Federal Westmaster DTI and a Mitutoyo mic.

SANY0404.jpg

SANY0404.jpg

Nice score,
I havent seen a hand knurler before.

Cheers Phil

Thanks, I have not seen a hand knurling tool before either. And as for the Mitutoyo mic, it needs to be zeroed, but I have no idea with this one.

Nice score, that is a strange looking knurler, could you show a close up on that piece?

Some stuff that I got today.

Jacobs 1B & 32 drill chucks, some endmills, hand knurling tool, Federal Westmaster DTI and a Mitutoyo mic.

Nice find OakRidgeGuy.

That is a handy looking knurling tool for use on a smaller lathe. Looks like it would not load the spindle like the push type.

How does that micrometer work? It looks like it has some kind of dial on the frame.
Micrometer.jpg

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Micrometer.jpg

That's called a indicating micrometer. It takes away the need for feel, friction, or ratchet thimbles. You set it and use the dial to know when you have firm enough contact to maintain consistency in your readings. It's considered high precision.

Tony,

How do I make sure that it is set correctly, it appears to be off by about 8 thou

Doc

When the thimble zero lines up, the indicator should be on zero as well. If it doesn't, it may be that the thimble needs to be removed and reset. I hesitate to give specifics without looking at it in person. Unless you can find a way to re-zero the indicator, but not likely beyond the limit hands. Any model number on it?

Back