Fractional Horse Power V Belts, No Matched Sets?

i was never afforded the luxury of matched set belts, i always seemed to get the short end of the stick in that regard :bawling:

the go around for me was to put the longest belt in the center of the arrangement and shoot for the proper tension on the outer belts.
the outer belts stretch out after a while in service.
with any luck they even out and the center belts start taking more of the load

i have copied a couple different belt tensioners for problem child machines, possibly you could do the same if no other alternative presents itself

What's the pricing like on those?

I really don't remember how much more expensive the banded belts were from a percentage standpoint, but the extra cost was well worth the investment. It was very common to see 3 to 5 time the life span with the banded belts, so there was two-fold economy, the money saved on the belts themselves and the labor. In some cases the labor itself was substantial.

Ted

I really don't remember how much more expensive the banded belts were from a percentage standpoint, but the extra cost was well worth the investment. It was very common to see 3 to 5 time the life span with the banded belts, so there was two-fold economy, the money saved on the belts themselves and the labor. In some cases the labor itself was substantial.

Ted
Not to mention machine downtime if in a production environment.

Back