Fray Type 4 Head Erickson Collet?

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

Registered
Registered
I was able to pick up a type 4 head for my mill yesterday.

I have a question I hope someone can answer. It cam with a Erickson collet holder nmtb 30. There is a end mill in it now that I haven't been able to get out. I dont have a 2" and a 2-3/8 wrench. On the collet body it reads Erickson 409.

My question is does anyone know what type of collet it is? I think it may be TG100 or DA400.

I did some more digging on the Yahoo Fray group. I believe it is DA400.

Do I invest in DA400 collets or start fresh with er40?

Can you post a picture?

Do I invest in DA400 collets or start fresh with er40?

I guess it depends on how many tool holders you have. If you have to buy tool holders, I think the ER collet system is better than the DA collets. But that's just a personal opinion, and I have both.

I guess it depends on how many tool holders you have. If you have to buy tool holders, I think the ER collet system is better than the DA collets. But that's just a personal opinion, and I have both.

I am very familiar with er collets. Having said that. I think I’m leaning toward er40. I spent some time now playing around with the da400 collet and Chuck. Not sure how I feel about them.

I have had DA collets slip, but have never had an ER collet slip, they also have a wider holding range/collet than the DA collets. Best price I found on NMTB 30 - ER-40 is $76 each for the tool holders, spendy buggers.

I have had DA collets slip, but have never had an ER collet slip, they also have a wider holding range/collet than the DA collets. Best price I found on NMTB 30 - ER-40 is $76 each for the tool holders, spendy buggers.

Thanks Jim. Cheers

I was able to pick up a type 4 head for my mill yesterday.

I have a question I hope someone can answer. It cam with a Erickson collet holder nmtb 30. There is a end mill in it now that I haven't been able to get out. I dont have a 2" and a 2-3/8 wrench. On the collet body it reads Erickson 409.

My question is does anyone know what type of collet it is? I think it may be TG100 or DA400.
Do you happen to have a spare Fray type 4 head? ive been searching for a splined spindle drive shaft and found that its nearly impossible to find parts for these machines. Cheers!

Back