Frigidaire dishwasher will not start, can you help?

I did check the microswitches on the door latch and both are fully functional. that might sound great but it's bad news to me because if that was causing the problem ( of start button not working), it would have been so easy to just replace it and be done with it but unfortunately for me, this is not the case.
I've been searching the net and most of the troubleshooting sites suggest that, before replacing the main control board(which controls everything ), I should first replace the touchpad/control board which is the top panel with all the settings ( power, light wash, heavy wash etc.) are on it.

My dilemma is this, the touchpad is actually in two parts:(sold separately of course)
#1= the touchpad .
,#2 is the PC board which is directly under the start button, it also controls the display,.
Logically I would need to order both of these two parts to be rid of the whole problem, but the technician in one his replies recommends that before ordering #2 , I must first test it to make sure it's faulty!!!
I have no idea how to test a PC board , my only choice is to order both parts and hope this will be all that's needed.
Here's a copy and paste of the Q&A:

Megan
March 19, 2018
We have power to control panel and dishwasher. Can select a cycle but the start/cancel button is not responding at all. Initially was able to get it to start with persistence but nothing now. Sound like a control panel issue?
For model number Fphd2491kfo
Hello Megan, thank you for your question. If the other cycle buttons are working except for the start/cancel button the issue would be with the Touchpad and Control Panel 5304475578 or the PC BOARD ASSEMBLY 5304475571. The PC board should be tested before ordering parts as it is often misdiagnosed and requires electrical testing with a volt/ohm meter to determine if it is defective! I hope this helps!

In case anyone is interested, here are the parts:
PART#1: Manufacturer Part Number 5304475578 (F6in the diagram)
PART#2: Manufacturer Part Number 5304475571 (F5 in the diagram)
That is the story, I doubt there's much interest in what I'm dealing with but I do appreciate all the comments and helpful thoughts I've recieved so far.
PG3HUY2H.gif

Well that can get expensive. I used an outfit like this one but one based in Ontario, I just cannot find the one I which was near Kingston I believe.
Here is one in Grimsby,

Pierre

Thanks for links Pierre, what I dislike the most is to keep throwing good money at the bad, I'm hoping when it's all said and done, the dishwasher will be good to go for another 5-6 years, the new one of the same model costs around $1200 CDN plus tax.

I already ordered the touchpad from Amazon for under $200, the lowest price I could find and I tried for two days , if this is not the answer, I have no choice but to order the $300 main electronic board, still better than buying a new one that might last 6-7 years.
Keeping my fingers crossed .

On my 4 year old GE dishwasher I replaced the control board first then ended up replacing the touch pad board. The touch pad board fixed the problem. That was about 6 months ago and it has been working well since. There were jumper settings on the new control board to select which model dish washer it was going into... one board is used in most of the models manufactured. The original board had the traces soldered instead of jumpers.

The replacement procedure was pretty easy for the control board and the touch pad board was more involved but not difficult at all.

I got my boards from a parts replacement website. They were $89.20 delivered for the control board and $54.65 for the UI touch pad board (https://partsdr.com). The parts replacement website was much cheaper than Amazon but more confusing to make sure I was getting the correct boards... each dishwasher model has its own part number and the replacement boards were a different part number with the above mentioned jumpers. The board I received was Rev G, I hope that means that they have sorted out the issues with it... but I highly doubt it.

From what I read while researching on the web I came to the conclusion that these boards are engineered to fail at about 3-5 years... long after the warranty period. Which is a shame because the dishwasher actually does an excellent job on non rinsed week old dried dishes and silverware. Much better than previous dishwashers I have owned... mainly due to the extremely long wash cycles on this dishwasher though.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one to work on my own appliances! I remember my father pulling out the rusted mechanical timer from our dishwasher and replacing it with a series of switches when I was about 10 years old. It kept the dishwasher working long enough for a sale to come by and a new dishwasher (a few months).

Last edited:
Mike inOr, I know I shouldn't be surprised at the price differences( between Canada and USA), but it still gets me every time I see it, I mean $ 89.20 for the control board ! the lowest price I was quoted was from the local repair shop and that was just under $300, believe it or not.
I'm glad to hear you got it all sorted out, your post actually made feel more confident that I (most likely) ordered the right part.
Thank you for chiming in.

Last edited:
Back