G0704 help

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
Trying to wire a KBMM 125 board in my g0704 mill but the wiring in the manual sucks. I got most but armature A- isn't marked on the original board. Would what I have circled be A- ?

1647475926915.png

Well, we have an A+ and an A but no A- likely indicates the A is actually A-.

Yeah, that you be A-. I can open mine and check... I replaced the CIRCUIT BOARD CESX 1101-28 SKU# P0704081board not too long ago.

Oh... you are installing a different board. To do a DC motor conversion... ahh...

I was just replacing the stock board...

Here... it is A-

Board.jpg

I am not changing the motor. just replacing the stock controller with a kbmm 125. My mill is one of the first batch back when they first came out.

The tac lights up and works If I spin the spindle with a drill. The motor doesn't run, But will when I hooked it to a 20v drill battery.

Finley got time to finish the mill and it is back up and running. Thanks Next up will be getting the x axes power feed working, it works when it wants to witch isn't much.

What did you do to get it working?

Now for the power feed T23010 it has a 90v dc brush motor 30w 0.6amp. I can run the motor on a 20v drill battery. I get voltage to the control board but no voltage out. All of the switches are good the pot is good. Once in a while it will run till I stop it. I am going to pull the board and look for a cold solder joint. If that fails will this speed controller run it.

1648675722336.png

Back