Gator's Wayback Machine

Sad to see those old bombers go to die. People who restore them, like the Confederate Air Force, probably cry freely seeing all those good old birds melted into ingots. It is amazing what we can achieve in war time that we cannot during peace.

Seems Arizona has lots of aircraft graveyards, when I lived there Tucson I worked close to Davis monthan afb, miles of mothballed aircraft all types

Sadly most of the older war birds are gone..Turned into ingots...Sad end for those that made it through too the end ...Just Saying...**G**

Wooden ships and Iron men...
**G**

Gator search for "Victory at Sea", you can probably find it on YouTube and it's a multi-part miniseries about World War II.

I got that on VCR tapes...Remember watching it in the 60's on black and white TV...As I get older I realize that I have to look both ways ...Forward to the new way of doing things compared to the way I was taught...I will always be open to learning new ways of doing things but remain pretty mule-headed about change...Case in point I have two sets of digital verniers but I don't trust them I always reach for my manual set and still check with my mics for final cut...Still, don't own a "Smart Phone" and have no idea how to "Text"...I ride around in a naturally aspirated -non-computerized Toyota pick up or my Harley Shovelhead...I enjoy what I do or I don't do it...I freely pass on my knowledge to those who wish to learn and hope they share it with those who come along after us...That's the way I am, take it or leave it...
***Gator***

Quick history of Land Speed Records...
**G**

Last edited by a moderator:
Back