Genx optical comparator

Looks nice. Have you powered it up and played with it a little?

Without any fancy DRO, etc. I think comparators are pretty straightforward. Mine (an old Micro Vu) isn't as nice or as fancy as yours, but I think it's basically just a platform with graduated movement in X/Y/Z and a rotating screen at the end of the day.

I use mine mostly for grinding form tools. It's pretty handy for, err, comparing a profile to a standard (even one drawn on the screen with a dry erase marker).

This video covers the basics of operation:

I am puzzled by the knob to the left of your screen, though. Does that change the bulb intensity or something?

Last edited:
Nobody paid much attention to the Genx version. There wasn’t anything wrong with it, but people were just busy back then. There’s a ton of info on the Boomer comparator, and nearly as much on the millennial comparator.
But I have a feeling it’ll probably work better than you expected, and not need a whole lot of guidance.

Nobody paid much attention to the Genx version. There wasn’t anything wrong with it, but people were just busy back then. There’s a ton of info on the Boomer comparator, and nearly as much on the millennial comparator.
But I have a feeling it’ll probably work better than you expected, and not need a whole lot of guidance.
Yeah but it definitly is way better than the genZ comparator that claims that it is an audio amplifier.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Back