German-made RJS milling machine: a couple of questions

cazclocker

Purveyor of cheese.
Registered
Can anyone tell me about RJS milling machines, made in Germany. Other than a mention on a clock-restoration website, I can't find any info about them. There's one for sale and I'd like to know more about its history, reputation, original purpose, stuff like that. Appears a bit like a little Levin milling machine, but more robust - and complicated....OK, it's nothing like a little Levin lathe.
Thanks,
...Doug

Can you post photos of it, please?

Well, yes I could, but I don't know if I'd be breaking rules to post them. Because it's from an ongoing auction that is still going on. I belong to a clock repairing forum that will delete your post if you say anything about an ongoing auction.

I can post the only other photo I can find on the internet, it's on the "tool brag" page of the website of a fine clock/watch restoration guy. To see it, click here: http://www.historictimekeepers.com/tools_of_the_trade.htm
You have to scroll about halfway down the page - it's right below the optical comparator. Heads up, there's a TON of toolage on that page, so halfway down the page is still a long way.

If it's OK to show an ongoing ebay auction without breaking any rules here, then please let me know - otherwise I understand & respect the rules!
...Doug

Here is the photo lifted from the above-mentioned website, along with the accompanying text.
Does anyone here know anything about RJS horizontal milling machines?
Thanks.

RJS milling machine.JPGRJS milling machine_text.JPG

RJS milling machine.JPG RJS milling machine_text.JPG

Back