Glasses & magnifying devices

If you have two different eye prescriptions for reading glasses you can order inexpensive custom reading glasses online with two different lenses.

Like someone mentioned above, the focal length should be at your specific reading or seeing length. So you would measure if the strength is right if it focusses when you are comfortable with how far you are from the piece. They have a "Standard" reading length and it may not be what is best for you.

This is what I use..

40X-1000X 8 LED USB Zoom Digital Microscope Hand Held Biological Endoscope TE895

pretty neat.. can you share some more info about how you use it?
thanks

pretty neat.. can you share some more info about how you use it?
thanks
All you need to do is point it at your work and look at you CTR.
If you hit the apace bar you get a screen capture ...
Great for seeing splinters...
This picture is a chunk of metal in my eye. E-bay super magnet fixed it...

Metal in my eye.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a set of these for the shop. Then after I had them I bought another set for the house to use where my 3D printer is. Then my brother saw them and I had to order him a pair. Then my boss seen them and he had to get some. I use mine all the time.
Come with 5 different lenses and LED lights.

Head Mount Magnifier

1538656301220.png

Last edited:
I use a pair of glasses called 'Big View Glasses' that look like large safety specs and sit on the end of your nose so if you need eye enhancers you can use your normal specs and these just magnify everything. They say 160% and that is probably about right. Got them a a cheap clearance shed.

"I have been a machinist for 30+ years, I can no longer see squat without glasses at a tender 58 years old. Use bifocal safety glasses available from many vendors including McMaster-Carr"
https://www.mcmaster.com/#2882t11/=18mh2h6

Just got a pair of these. Mine are the +1.50 diopter for the bifocal portion. They work great. I also have a large hand held magnifying lens I keep on my work cart.

You can also buy magnifying lens for your welding helmets now.

Back