Good price for Clausing 8520 knee mill?

WaneB

Registered
Registered
I am looking to buy this machine. What is a good price?

At $800, buy it before the seller realizes what he could sell it for. I see them periodically on CL and eBay for $1500-2000.

FYI, the intermediate pulley is mounted upside down in the pictures. Also, I would ask if he has the rear belt guard.

I own the same mill: it's a joy to work with.

Here on the west coast we see them for $3000 at times. Too much for what it is, IMHO, though it is a knee mill and it fits into a smaller space. People who have them seem to like them...

At $800, buy it before the seller realizes what he could sell it for. I see them periodically on CL and eBay for $1500-2000.

FYI, the intermediate pulley is mounted upside down in the pictures. Also, I would ask if he has the rear belt guard.

I own the same mill: it's a joy to work with.
The Clausing manual sows the motor and intermediate pulley mounted with the largest wheel on top. I’m not sure what you meant.

Looks good to me. If it runs and will do the work you intend for it, that seems like a good price to me.

I think the motor pulley is supposed to have large side down-? with intermediate large side up and spindle large side down
mark

I have been looking for one for several years. I see them between $2000 and $3000 typically. Too much for me.

Back