Goodwill gloat

hman

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I like to make a quick pass through Goodwill Industries thrift stores (charity shops, for our UK brethren), especially when in a different area of town. Today I happened upon four 3-phase motor starters, bought all of them. No real need right now, but I'm sure something will come up one fine day.

Coil is 115-120 volts; contacts rated for 7.5HP at 230 volts - should be adequate for anything in the home shop. You can see the price tag on the one turned in the correct direction.:))

kHPIM3389.jpg

kHPIM3389.jpg

Yup you got a gloater on that little deal. Goodwill is pretty good about low prices on all kinds of our stuff. They just don't know the value and unless someone hips them to it you will be likely to find those kinds of deals quite often.

Bob

Argh.

Major covet!

Daryl
MN:roflmao:

I like to make a quick pass through Goodwill Industries thrift stores (charity shops, for our UK brethren), especially when in a different area of town. Today I happened upon four 3-phase motor starters, bought all of them. No real need right now, but I'm sure something will come up one fine day.

Coil is 115-120 volts; contacts rated for 7.5HP at 230 volts - should be adequate for anything in the home shop. You can see the price tag on the one turned in the correct direction.:))

View attachment 88935

:man:
excellent score

i have tons of stuff i don't have a need for yet. that has NEVER stopped me before:jester:

Score!

Goodwill sells stuff so under priced, I got a fluid filled camera tripod head for $5 and a drafting set for $10 I believe. There were two sets, one american made the other Japanese. I wish I got the Japanese one too.

Back