Goofy Chuck

I have a chuck like the Dexter marked craftsman found out it was made my Cushman. I don't have any jaws for it. Contacted Cushman they confirmed it was it was made my them and they only want $ 229.95 for the jaws.:bawling:

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice / comments, kinda wondering what held the Dexter Chuck on a machine.
With a 1" straight shaft i'ed guess it was used with a collet ?.
Kd4 , ouch $229 a set of jaws,

I have a chuck like the Dexter marked craftsman found out it was made my Cushman. I don't have any jaws for it. Contacted Cushman they confirmed it was it was made my them and they only want $ 229.95 for the jaws.:bawling:
Ouch! Didn't they realize that you just wanted (3) little bitty pieces of iron and not the whole dang chuck?
Hate that when you find/score something neat and part of it is missing to make it complete.
Got stashed in a drawer or on a shelf somewhere along it's travels.

That Dexter chuck is probably for a threaded spindle and some one made the arbor. I made an arbor for some smaller chucks. So I don't have to change the chuck for quick small jobs.

I have some jaws for small scroll chucks that were part of lot of stuff I bought at an auction. I have no idea what chuck they
fit. One set is 0.485" wide by 2.45" long, the other is 0.540" wide by 1.815" long. If either of those are close to what you need let me know and I'll get you more complete and precise dimensions.

Thanks. Dave.

When it stops raining I will gout and measure them and see what I need.

Ok the width of the jaws inside the slots is .330 or so. and the with of the slots is about .290.

Last edited:
The Dexter Chuck jaws say 50 on them ,don't know if that means anything to you.
Took apart the goofy 3jaw Chuck cleaned lubed , it all looked good . It didn't have a back plate so I Mounted it on RT fixture plate, now I have a 3 and 4 jaw for the RT plate and er40 mt3 collet Chuck
Here are a couple pics

image.jpegimage.jpeg Think I'll leave the jaws alone for now

Back