Got a new Gig

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
So I was taking a pee at the end of my storage unit when the guy & his wife that rent that unit pulls up, fortunately they couldn't see me but knew what I was doing. After the embarrassment of being busted P.I.P. he ask how things are going, I tell him I just got laid off, he says "You want to paint 12 tow motors" So I got a pretty sweet deal painting 12 Fork Trucks starting in the morning

$200.00 a piece he supplies all materials & it's done on site pay each week on how many I have done:biggrin:

See Charley,,,,,,things are lookin up
Good to hear you got some work lined up

Great news Charley. The gig that is, not the getting caught with P.I.P.

Benny

Ok--someone has to ask and it's my turn----How many Fork trucks a week can you paint????????????:thinking:

Withe the current setup maybe one:mad: But I'm sure we'll get it figured out and get at least 3 a week:thinking:

That's good news Charley....and hopefully something permanent will roll around too.

:tiphat:Nelson

That's good news Charley....and hopefully something permanent will roll around too.

:tiphat:Nelson

Never really thought about this until the guy says he might be able to hook me up with a good fabrication job when I'm through but this guy runs a fork lift biz and was very big at one time (30 employes) and has a long term working relationship with most of the factories in the area. So I'm sure this can/will lead to something good.

As far as the painting gig goes it's not as easy as he presented it to be but still good work, I'm thinking it will take almost 2 full days to finish one. I also have some welding & repairs to do on them that are billed seperately by the hour.

That's wonderful news Charley; just goes to show, ya can't keep a good man down!
Bob

Back