Got a rude wake up this morning!!!!

Rbeckett

Gold
Rest In Peace
Got a rude surprise this morning for sure!!!! Had a dream last nite 'bout critters crawling all over me and assumed it was because of a med change that I am getting used to taking. While I was getting disconnected from my portable Kidney machine I happened to look at my belly and saw two little tiny critters crawling across my belly. I immediately started doing the insane person dance, ripping of clothes and freaking out. (remember I am disabled and confined to a wheelchair) If you would have seen it you would have died laughing. when I was finally naked and bug free, much to my satisfaction. I started investigating the cause of my little visitors. I immediately started with the bed (couch) where I sleep. And sure enough I found the source. I had fallen asleep with a Slim Jim Snack in my pocket which fell out and attracted them. They were all on my bed clothes so I carefully rolled everything up in a ball and placed them in a huge garbage bag and started the washing machine. Then I went on a RAID mission and sprayed the entire couch all of the cushions and everything, emptying the entire can all at once. I am allergic to spray chemicals like that so by the time I was done I was wheezing like an old model T and had to turn on my Oxygen to recover from that. The house is all opened up now and I have fans running to get rid of the chemical odor so I can get back into the living room later. All of this before my first cup of coffee or before I was fully awake. So How did your morning go? I hope everybody's was WAY better than mine!!

Bob the bug killer

PS: And it is already 86 degrees outside headed for over 90 again today!!!!

Thanks Bill. Somehow I knew you would see the humor. I finally did after everything calmed down.

Bob

Bob, I had a similar rude awakening, though not quite as bad as yours. I woke up feeling some scratching on my back. Knew it was a big bug, but didn't know what it was. I flagellated myself on my back to kill it and rushed to the bathroom. I ripped off my shirt and out flew a large centipede. It was 5" long. It was time to spray the house.
---Joe

My wife is a terrible sleeper, she thrashes around in bed like a wild woman. And I sleep like a rock through it all. And because of all this, there have been mornings when I have gotten out of bed, looked in the mirror, only to find my face with a giant black eye! That’s my rude awakening.

Back