Great news but completely off topic . Canada .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Last year my son met a girl from up north of the border . Came home one day and they were married . They left for Toronto the 1rst of the year and he's (they) have been there since . Just heard after an 8 month waiting period that he PASSED his Canadian Occupational Therapy tests and can now practice in Canada as well as in the states . Everyone here and there have been on edge for quite some time before getting the news . Now , just waiting on these borders to fully open for some road trips . We have one planned in Oct. to get high up in the ADKs . Lake Placid and around the areas we haven't been to yet . Perfect timing for the leaf peeping season . :) I have been up to Toronto a few times for work and liked the place and he's only 7 hrs. away thru the Falls . Sweet !

The Canadian border is fully open to U.S. visitors. The U.S. border is still closed to Canadians travelling by land, air travel is allowed

You have to have the vaccination don't you?

Have to be fully vaccinated to get into Canada with a current test as well.
Pierre

Just heard after an 8 month waiting period that he PASSED his Canadian Occupational Therapy tests and can now practice in Canada as well as in the states .
That's great news for everyone.
All our health care providers have been thru a tough patch and need to shore their numbers.
Many locally have had their vacations cancelled or delayed...and sadly many are leaving the sector.
Yet I cannot blame them.

Now , just waiting on these borders to fully open for some road trips .

Dave, I'll offer a shop tour (such as it is), some burgers and some cold local Canadian beer if you're ever up this way.

The Canadian border is fully open to U.S. visitors. The U.S. border is still closed to Canadians travelling by land, air travel is allowed

Yep, the lopsidedness of it seems really strange, considering both the new cases:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

....and vaccination numbers (note: since this is number of doses per 100 people 200 would represent fully immunized)
1630118530431.png

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

By these measures the Covid situation in Canada is now better than the USA.
Yet the land borders openings are opposite the logic.
My only explanation is our border towns lusting after the US dollars.

The land vs. air differences is not new, but looks like a money grab by the desperate and hard-lobbying big airlines.

-brino

Last edited:
You KNOW I'll take you up on that brino !

Back