Grizzly 6" Rotary table

Wino1442

Registered
Registered
Hi gang....I received my rotary table the other day from Grizzly(model H7527) and promptly took it all apart for a thorough cleaning. After cleaning, I was giving it a visual inspection and noticed a small lip in the main bore of the base and after taking some measurements I realized that the bearing on the table spindle does not go all the way to the bottom of the bore; it rests on the lip. So my question is....would it be "normal" for a bearing to sit on a lip like that? In my limited machining experience I haven't seen that before. I've always seen where the bearing sits completely against a flat surface. The other reason I ask is because this RT is a replacement because the first one I received was just a mess in general, but I had taken photos of that one also as I was dissembling it and when I looked at the photos of the bore on both tables I noticed that that lip was not there on the first RT. I don't know if there was an error when it was cast or if it was some design change or something like that. I thought about boring out the the area below the lip to match the rest of the bore but then I don't know if doing that would cause the table to sit too low against the base and not rotate properly.
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully the attached photos will make hat I'm talking about a little clearer.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpeg
    IMG_4047.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4089.jpeg
    IMG_4089.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4090.jpeg
    IMG_4090.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
I would be very reluctant to modify anything on a new RT unless I was dead certain that there was a problem. Certainly, a modification will void any warranty. Since the previous RT had problems justifying a replacement, maybe it was the outlier At any rate, it isn't a legitimate reference.

I would put the RT back together and see if there were any problems before going any further.

Back