Grizzly G0758 Belt Drive Conversion Kit, Mini Mill Does one exist?

Reporter

Registered
Registered
I see a Grizzly G0758 for sale locally...is there a belt drive conversion for that model? Been searching without luck.

Why would you want belt drive when it’s direct drive out of curiosity.

Looks like it would be impossible to get to a belt to change from hi to lo if it had a belt. LMS had a belt drive option for their mini mill but probably wouldn’t fit this mill.

10-4 I have the LMS 3990 with belts, perfect for my small needs. If I can get the Grizzly for good price...may just grab it.

10-4 I have the LMS 3990 with belts, perfect for my small needs. If I can get the Grizzly for good price...may just grab it.
i have a g0758, there are no belt conversions that i'm aware of, the issue is not that it is complex to design one only that most people go for the g0704, it is 1995 with a stand from grizzly right now and the g0758 is 1495 without the stand and the g0704 has a larger envelop. i like my g0758 but i only got it because of a package deal for an Axiom ar8 PRO.
it is almost exactly a 3/4 g0704.

i have had discussions with the custom crafter and he agreed to develop a kit if i wanted to mod mine, so talk to him if you want one.

i just have not had any issues with the plastic gears yet

the first thing i did was flip the z slide over, the max spindle to table went from 8-3/4" to over 14"

Attachments

• IMG_6203.jpeg
    IMG_6203.jpeg
    606.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5807.jpeg
    IMG_5807.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back