Grizzly G0935 Milling Machine

mlchman

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I am looking at the Grizzly G0935 milling machine. It seems to have all the features I am looking for - power head lift, 3-axis DRO, decent power (1-1/2 HP), good quill travel (3"), belt drive, power feed on the X axis and small enough to fit in my small workspace.

Does anybody have one of these machines that can comment - good, bad or otherwise? It is quite a bit of money but seems to fit my needs. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Michael

Curious if you went ahead and bought this model? Looking at one of these myself.
Similar to the PM 728vt

I did buy a Grizzly G0935 and returned it a week later. the DRO did not work and they didn't expect replacement parts or a machine to take one from for 6 to 8 months. I decided to go with the Little Machine Shop 6750. It is the same mill but with a better DRO (Touch DRO), an electrically interlocked spindle lock and it was available. It did not include an X-axis power feed but they were available so I bought one and installed it myself (20 minutes).

I also looked at the PM-728VT but opted to go with the LMS 6750 because to get the power head lift, spindle lock and DRO, it would have cost about another $1000.

I have been very happy with my choice.

Thanks ,that’s the other 2 that I’ve been looking at.
There’s just hardly anything on the g0935.

I did buy a Grizzly G0935 and returned it a week later. the DRO did not work and they didn't expect replacement parts or a machine to take one from for 6 to 8 months. I decided to go with the Little Machine Shop 6750. It is the same mill but with a better DRO (Touch DRO), an electrically interlocked spindle lock and it was available. It did not include an X-axis power feed but they were available so I bought one and installed it myself (20 minutes).

I also looked at the PM-728VT but opted to go with the LMS 6750 because to get the power head lift, spindle lock and DRO, it would have cost about another $1000.

I have been very happy with my choice.
Just to say, I don't think it is a licensed TouchDRO that LMS offer.

Yuri, ( @ycroosh ) the TouchDRO guy, has said, IIRC, that it's a knock off.

Not great business practice, but LMS do so much right, that most people, if they know, will kinda hold their noses and still buy stuff from LMS (me included; sorry Yuri) :grin:;)

I did not like the tablet that came with the 6750. It was an old style and had a version of Touch DRO but it was Sieg branded. I switched to a larger tablet and upgraded to the new version of Touch DRO - what a huge improvement over the older version. It worked with the scales that were factory installed on the 6750.

Something to consider, which I didn't when I bought it, is the power tapping feature. I use that a lot and it works great. Also, the electrically interlocked spindle lock is extremally handy. It is available for other machines from Priest Tool but it takes up a lot of space around the spindle - sometimes makes it difficult to see what the end mill is doing.

Back