Growing Pains on the Bridgeport

I like how they put "safety first" as the last entry :grin:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#8 - they had that problem with kids back then?

#8 - they had that problem with kids back then?

They talking about flat leather belts that ran the machines from overhead lineshaft.

I always like the last one #17.

Another thing that will help on keeping a part from moving in the vise. Take a piece of plumbers lead, from roof vent pipe flashings, if you can still get leaded ones. Put a strip between the work piece and the movable vise jaw and tighten the vise. As stated, take a soft faced hammer and tap the work piece down solid against your parallels. It won't move! Used to do this on a big 10" mill vise we had.

This my favorite for the youngsters just getting started!
Every quote is very important!
If you like your occupation and where you spend time all day I never classified it as WORK!!
View attachment 264690

I like the part about owing your mistakes too many folks don’t follow that advice. In fact it should be rule one. I remember telling new folks that YOU WIll MAKE MISTAKES so that how we learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished the band saw vise mount. Works great. I asked a coworker to weld some beads, re milled it, drilled and tapped 2 1/2” and one 3/4 hole.
I am unable to attach pics per site notification

I like the part about owing your mistakes too many folks don’t follow that advice. In fact it should be rule one. I remember telling new folks that YOU WIll MAKE MISTAKES so that how we learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That chart makes me think of one that one of our turret lathe operaters had by his machines. It was one of those flow charts that said things like Did the boss see you screw it up? If No, then bury it in the scrap pile and start over.

Back