Guess what chuck these jaws belong with

skogkatt007

Registered
Registered
I guess 1 (of the 4) could be missing. As a possibility.

Attachments

• 00C0C_29S9XmHU2QT_0t90CI_1200x900.jpg
    00C0C_29S9XmHU2QT_0t90CI_1200x900.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 63
No idea what they fit, but looking at the picture, clearest in the picture at the "tall" end of the jaw, the teeth appear to be both staggered, and "crescent moon ish"l. That'd make it a scroll chuck. You could probably measure this, but the "offset" of the first (or last) tooth relative to the jaw body, see how the offsets work out. If a fourth offset would put the teeth in line with one you already have, it's a three jaw. If the three offsets you have there have a "hole" in them that needs another jaw to make a set.... Then it was a four jaw scroll chuck.

Hardinge 3 jaw 5 or 6 inch ? I have 2 sets downstairs . Take measurements to compare .

They should be marked with corresponding #s and by the looks of it they are . Outside jaws for a 3 jaw . Take the measurements and post them .

Look very similar to the import 5" 3 jaw ones that came with the chuck that was included with the Brown & Sharpe "0" knock off dividing head I bought a few years ago. Key looks the same also. Mike

I don't have these in my possession. I spied them on craigslist, seller didn't know. A Hardinge pdf showed up first in a goolog search. In any event they don't seem to be for an 3" AMA chuck. What I need.

Back