• We want to wish everyone a healthy, happy New Year, full of joy and success. God bless you, and thank you for supporting The Hobby-Machinist.

[4]

Guesstimate on die set for a part like this...

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
Hi All
This part has .020" thick top and side walls. The side walls are .25" high. The D symbol in this pic is an extra .050" of material but if I could have a die for it made then it would just be pressed out. The holes are 13/64" and 3/32".
Does anybody with die sets experience have any idea what it would cost me to have the necessary punch(s) and dies(s) made to get this done?
I would be making these pickup covers out of 24 gauge nickel side sheet.
This would be low volume so I'm thinking the die set(s) would probably be way to much $ and it would be better for me to have these made of plastic via high-end 3D printing.
Lastly, I want the body of these covers to have a shiny nickel plated finish with the upper D being black enamel and the lower D being red enamel.
That kind of complicates things.

Attachments

Comments

Infinitely more than you want to spend.
The plating and painting are post process and can not be done with a die set at the current level of technology existing on Earth or Mars.

We charge our customers $1500 and more for a simple die set for our internal use. You are looking at many times this!

Imagine a finished part plated then painted 2 different colors, the mind reels.

[6]
[5] [7]