Had enough leaking oil!

COMachinist

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi All.
My 932M PDF is leaking gear oil so bad I have to catch it in a container to catch it and put it back in the gear box every time I use the mill. So it is time to replace all the gear head seals. Does any one have the part numbers for the power down feed seals? My manual don’t show them it just says that they are in another manual, but can’t find it on the web site. Figure to replace all the seals in the gear head to get every thing buttoned up again. My also replace the the bearings, I have had a VFD and 3 phase motor on it for a while now. I have searched and read all the posts on changing seals but nothing on part numbers.
Thanks.
CH.

Call PM. They will have the info. They always help me, or atleast try to, when there is a problem.

how old is the mill?
It is about 6 yrs maybe 7. It is well out of any warranty. This a ChiCom mill, and has leaked oil from the day I unpacked it. But it has gotten steadily worse over the last 3. With the 3ph and VFD it has been r

Spindle Top Oil seal is Part# 6 Oil seal: 35 x 45 x 7 (2) although newer models are using 35x45x10 which provide a better seal.
Lower spindle seal is Part# 75 42x62x12
Front Gear lever Oil Seal is Part#115 12x22x7

Thanks Mike, I’ll get these on order. Would you know if an older machine like mine will take the newer top seal?
CH

my opinion.. take it apart and size it.. Order based on that.
it will eliminate a return.. but that's me.

unless you use your mill for work.

Suggest taking everything apart then collecting all of the seals and visiting a local vendor like motion industries or the others who sell seals and have them provide local sourced and likey better product for better money.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Suggest taking everything apart then collecting all of the seals and visiting a local vendor like motion industries or the others who sell seals and have them provide local sourced and likey better product for better money.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
or Miller Bearing and get new bearings at the same time.

Back