Had my Inspection and Visit from the ATF

dennis98277

Active User
Registered
Well guys had my visit today lasted about 4 hours and was very good it was nice to finally be able and set down and ask some questings that i have had for some time and to see just how different the laws are from state to state. She was very nice and professional and answered all my questions, and she said all looked good and in order and that i should receive my FFL in about 4 weeks and then i will be considered a mfg. yeah :)):))

so treat your inspectors and agents with the upmost respect and they will do the same to you that was one thing that really stood out today.

Well guys had my visit today lasted about 4 hours and was very good it was nice to finally be able and set down and ask some questings that i have had for some time and to see just how different the laws are from state to state. She was very nice and professional and answered all my questions, and she said all looked good and in order and that i should receive my FFL in about 4 weeks and then i will be considered a mfg. yeah :)):))

so treat your inspectors and agents with the upmost respect and they will do the same to you that was one thing that really stood out today.

Great to hear Dennis. Now the real work, and headaches, can commence. :biggrin: :thumbzup:

-Ron

Are you sure you want a 07 license? Will you be MANUFACTURING or will you be repairing? There is a big difference. If you won't be actually manufacturing something, go with a 01.

I was actually curious also about the 07 license. Do you have to pay the 2k reg fee every year or just once?

Correct me if I am wrong,but I heard that an FFL will cost you $2400.00 now. Another way to shut down a lot of small firearms businesses. If the gun grabbers can't get legislation passed,they can cut off funding for programs they don't like,or tax them out of business.

Last edited:
Got my 01 license back in 1981. Got my 07/02 license in 1986.

The only problem I ever had with ATF was an over zealous inspector who was trying to advance her career off the backs of the licensee's and no high school diploma paper pushers working NFA branch back in the 80's.

All recent (last 15-18 years) compliance checks and paperwork requirements, agents have been very professional. Almost a pleasure having them come for a visit!:thinking:

Agree with Dennis ... if you're nice to them ... chances are they'll be nice to you.

This thread reminds me I need to get my CR submitted and my Form 1's as well.

Back