Happy solstice!

Bob Korves

Platinum
Rest In Peace
First day of summer, longest day of the year (in the northern hemisphere), with the sun higher in the sky than any other day of the year at solar noon. Whether pagan or of whatever preference, it is a lovely milestone for us all to enjoy, something that brings us all together to celebrate. For those in the southern hemisphere, well, your day will come to gloat six months from today, and we will be shivering, at least you are looking forward to longer day, while our days will be shrinking... I had a nice 53 minute and several mile walk through the local neighborhood this morning as the sun rose, enjoying and reveling in the beautiful day here in Sacramento.

Bob i think it will get here at 17:44 EDT. wouldn't that be 20:00 where you are ? :) Have a great day.

By any common measure applied to the day before and the day after.

In Maine the latest sun set is 20:25 EDT today. Sunrise today was at 04:49 and sunset at 20:25 . I think the latest sunset is somewhere west of here but don't know what state.

Here in Sweden we call it midsummer. An old Nordic holiday It is still the biggest holiday in Sweden bigger than Christmas and New Year

Here in Sweden we call it midsummer. An old Nordic holiday It is still the biggest holiday in Sweden bigger than Christmas and New Year

Sökresultat
Översättningsresultat

Svenska
Engelska

The Vikings did not want to stop celebrating the longest day of summer! So they mixed little Christian faith with the Norse faith. So now we dance around a big cros wrapped in flowers. All the girls have a bucet of flowers in their hair and if they want to know which one they will marry, they will pick 7 different flowers and put them under the pillow and they gay the dream about she will get married. with

Back