Happy solstice!

It is not the latest sunset, depending on exact location, but it is the longest day. Some of it is based on where time zone boundaries are chosen to fit with geography and human preferences.

It is not the latest sunset, depending on exact location, but it is the longest day. Some of it is based on where time zone boundaries are chosen to fit with geography and human preferences.
You are probably right !! But to see a woman with flowers in her hair and get dancing around the cross Then it doesn't matter if you are on the south or north side
There is no better feeling

So bar bet question: It's the longest day of the year, but is it the latest sunset?
No it is not. There is about a 10 day offset. with June 30th being the latest sunset. I first discovered this when looking at the daily start and close of gun deer hunting in Wisconsin. It is interesting to note that the latest sunrise falls close to New Years Day. I suspect that may be coincidental though as New Years Day was set long before there were accurate timepieces.

No it is not. There is about a 10 day offset. with June 30th being the latest sunset. I first discovered this when looking at the daily start and close of gun deer hunting in Wisconsin. It is interesting to note that the latest sunrise falls close to New Years Day. I suspect that may be coincidental though as New Years Day was set long before there were accurate timepieces.
It has to do with your latitude.

Back