Harbor Freight motors

I bought the exact same HF 1 hp TEFC motor for my 6x48 belt sander. Same reason as you... I couldn't find a used one when I needed it. I used the 20% off coupon too, and got it for the same price. It seems to work fine, but I don't have very many hours on it, and it has had a pretty easy life so far. The only things I noticed when I installed it were that the fan and fan shroud were both plastic. The picture in your link doesn't show that very well. It shouldn't be an issue for me because it is protected from bumps and knocks inside a metal frame. I remember thinking that except for the plastic fan and shroud, it seemed a lot like my Baldor 1 hp motor. Time will tell, I guess. Good luck.

GG

I got the 2hp continuous duty for my millrite. No problems or compaints yet. It was$155 out the door with a coupon. I figure if I get a couple of years out of it Im doin alright!

Jake Parker

lf l can't find a 1 HP motor used for my powermatic sander, does anyone know if the motor's harbor freight sells are any good? Smith and Jones I think they are.
The 1 hp I can get shipped (after -25% coupon), for about $120.00.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-horsepower-farm-duty-agricultural-motor-68288.html
Seems like used motors are getting harder to find.
Thanks,
Tony

You should be able to purchase and extended warranty from HF for that motor. Well worth it on an electrical item.

You should be able to purchase and extended warranty from HF for that motor. Well worth it on an electrical item.

thats a good ldea, how much is the extended warranty?
Can't seem to find it on the site.

I installed a 1hp hf motor on a south bend 9" lathe. It worked fine. A little noisier than a more expensive motor but other than that, it was perfectly fine.

thats a good ldea, how much is the extended warranty?
Can't seem to find it on the site.

No idea what the cost of a warranty would be. I would never buy a motor threw the mail, only at a HF store. Last electrical item I bought at HF was a drill and they offered me the warranty but I didn't take it. If your buying threw the mail why not just call them.

I installed a 1hp hf motor on a south bend 9" lathe. It worked fine. A little noisier than a more expensive motor but other than that, it was perfectly fine.

thanks guys, xalky, did you get the extended warranty?
How long have you been running the 1HP on the SB?

- - - Updated - - -

No idea what the cost of a warranty would be. I would never buy a motor threw the mail, only at a HF store. Last electrical item I bought at HF was a drill and they offered me the warranty but I didn't take it. If your buying threw the mail why not just call them.

The only thing with the harbor freight store, is it is cheaper to pay about $7.00 shipping, than the gas it takes me to get to harbor freight.

Back