Harbor Freight motors

I have the HF 3hp compressor duty motor driving a 5hp compressor pump. It has been running fine for the last 3 years.

I have the HF 3hp compressor duty motor driving a 5hp compressor pump. It has been running fine for the last 3 years.

I chuckle when I see the portable air compressors with 120v "5hp" motors on them. Your original motor was probably a 3hp that was rated using some creative math :lmao: That's why the new motor works just fine.

GG

i put a 1 HP on my Heavy 10 about 2 years ago for the same reasons. So far, so good. It seems to bog more easily than the original motor, but beats nothing. I think the extended warranty is usually almost as much as a new unit.

Tractor supply carries a decent line of motors I believe, if that's an option for you.

use this on 6x48 sander...cost was $159.99, warranty $35.99 for 2 years.

Works okay, but its cheap, compared to some of my Lesson AC motors.

Charl

hf motor.jpg

hf motor.jpg

thanks guys, xalky, did you get the extended warranty?
How long have you been running the 1HP on the SB?

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing with the harbor freight store, is it is cheaper to pay about $7.00 shipping, than the gas it takes me to get to harbor freight.
I ran it for about a year and a half before I sold the lathe. So, I can't give you any input on longevity. I didn't take the extended warranty, I hardly ever do, unless I plan on using and abusing it daily.

These motors came with strong belt. It provides us basic guarantee to change if we are not happy with the product.

Back