Harbor Frt cheap roll around deals

Larry$

Registered
Registered
Harbor frt is discontinuing some of it's rolling cabinets with some really cheap deals. The replacement models are more expensive.
I think they are in-store deals only.

They dropped the price on the 26" top box by a fair bit. Now $150...

They also have cheap prices on some colors of the 44" top boxes too.

Some bottoms also discounted. Depends on the color. Wish I had a truck...

I could use 4 of the 44" models above and get rid of the Vidmars . :encourage:

All the 22 x 26 single bank rollers are gone in my store. If I travel a bit, I could find one in blue at $249 or $199 for green...

I payed full boat for a black 26" roller cabinet last weekend. Would have loved to get one for less regardless of color, but for $299 it's still a bargain.

Will be interesting to see what they replace it with....

John

I just came from a large metalworking manufacturers (TMCO) open house. I noticed that they had US General roll arounds scattered around the plant. Neat place if you are into job shop manufacturing at scale. Crazy fast lasers, CNC punches, water jets, CNC welders on & on....... Most things were auto load & unload. Sheet stock was on an auto storage retrieve & send to various machines system. The original owner is still alive. He started the business in 1955 in a WW2 surplus quonset hut. It covers acres now and is run by his daughter. But in the old part of the building there were still some manual machines. He's the one that gave me the cold cut saw when they were closing down a separate small operation.

I've been very happy with the US General boxes. I may grab a 44" at that price, but I really don't need one. At last count I have six 48" Husky bottoms, three 26" US General tops, Two full top, mid, and bottom Craftsman sets along with several 60's era heavy no name rollers. Several of the new units are still unopened, but hoping to get them all in they're permanent homes and filled up this winter. Somehow organization always seems to be the last thing on the priority list, but it does make life easier when you get things somewhat squared away. Mike

I've wanted a black 44" top box for a while, this thread motivated me to look into grabbing a series 2 while I still can. A local HF "claimed" they had one in stock for $149 so I drove 40 miles to the store. Of course they said the inventory was wrong, I pressed them to look again and it was found sitting in front of the managers office as an open box item. It was marked down to $119 because it had been dropped onto the top back edge hard enough to push the lid forward 1". I offered $60, he countered at $80 and I couldn't say no since all of the drawers worked like they should.

I drilled the hinge rivets and removed the top which allowed me to straighten the sheetmetal and re-weld the torn corners. I'll hammer out the dented lid tomorrow and post the finished pictures after some touch up paint. I don't really care about the body work as long as it works like it is supposed to.

FB6323A4-AFD4-4F3F-AAE9-F185F86B8552.jpeg630CD6C8-2E96-4F15-BECA-D2658C4EF66B.jpeg

That's a good deal.
he countered at $80 and I couldn't say no since all of the drawers worked like they should.
I've had a red 42" base unit for quite a while and got a Blue 56" a year & a half ago. The newer one cam with little plastic clips that keep the drawer handle labels & covers in place, they work well.

Back