Hardinge BB2V Vertical Mill

Flat fender

Registered
Registered
Anyone have a manual for this machine ?, are parts available ?. Very little info on this machine....

This belonged to my dad, he purchased it in 1971 for gunsmithing, sat in the back of his shop since, he used it very little, it was 3 phase and he had a static converter that never worked and replaced the motor with a 110V S/F motor. I would like to get it running to sell, there is a full set of Hardinge collets that are brand new, only 1 has been used, and a spare round belt with it. So should I leave the single phase motor in it, or put the old 3 phase motor back in ?.

Thank you, FF

Sell it as is but include the other motor in case the buyer wants to put it back to factory
-mark

FYI, the collets are almost worth more than the machine. And the fiber pulleys are also rare parts. Check eBay for pricing. I just paid $180 for two (2). a 1/8" and 7/16" as they are common sizes for cutters. And, LOL, I'll probably regret all of the purchase as I probably have a boat anchor. You can use eBay advanced search to look for closed auctions to get an idea of what "some people" are willing to pay. Shipping, always an issue but doubly so right now, is always an issue. You could check for any local metal working clubs to see if there's interest. The table wye axis handle is the first I've seen, interesting. Also, if you have the original vice they are also a valuable item. Doubly so if it isn't broken. Common problem, and apparently was also common to just pitch them when they did break. They are very low profile, <2". Worth looking around to see if it's stashed anyplace.

Ron

Forgot to ask, is that an actual running M715?

Yes, it’s a running truck, stock 230 and I run the hell out of it in the summer You have a sharp eye!... I recently sold the mill, would be fun but I really have no use for it and needed the space..

Lee

Back