Harig 612 Questions

seanyaw

Registered
Registered
Hi, this is my first time posting here. I am quite new to the machinery world, so please forgive the dumb questions. I just got a Harig 612 off Craigslist and am starting the process of getting it set up. I was expecting it to be 3 phase, but it looks from the motor plate to be single phase that can be wired as 115V or 230V. I have not been able to find any references to single phase Harigs. Has anyone heard of Harig making single phase 612's? I think that the serial number is 2547 (number on the rim of the table). If this seems abnormal, does it suggest that someone swapped the motor at some point in its life? Last question: How would I find documentation on how to wire it for 230V vs 115V? It does not have the junction box cover, which is where I imagine the wiring diagram was. Thank you very much for your time and sorry again if these questions display too much of my ignorance.
80EB9864-4310-4AD7-A2C8-764E5BA8186F_1_105_c.jpeg

EC95B509-7FA6-444F-9956-A11EC1444B5D_1_105_c.jpeg

22CA1625-B672-4FBB-B9E7-A1A7F32E30AD_1_105_c.jpeg

Doerr is a reputable motor company good quality. It is definately a single phase motor good for the hobbiest. Probably built for Harig. Quiet type so maybe purpose built for surface grinder for Harig.
Usually where the wires go into the motor their will be a cover plate that should have a wiring diagram to follow for either tap. Pics of the entire motor may help more.

I have a Harig 612 as well, it had the factory original 460V 3Ph motor. I put it aside and installed a hayward super pump motor, 1.5hp 120/240v, 3450rpm. It took time to mount and install the motor, and make various adapter components as the bolt holes don't line up. You are lucky to have found one where the work is done for a different motor. The only issue with single motors is the vibration is moderately higher, resulting in a slightly worse surface finish. A Three phase converter or VFD is always an option, though I personally can't stand the audible scream of the motor on a VFD.

Changing the motor direction and input voltage is not standard by wire color or letters of the alphabet. You need to reference the manual or diagram for this. If I was there on site then I could poke around with a multi meter and identify the coils by resistance then label for the appropriate usage.

1656168379238.jpeg

Back