Harig Grinder Parts

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Can anybody show me what's missing on my surface grinder as far as the spindle goes? All I have is the tapered spindle and since the inner dia. of the stones are not tapered I'm not sure as to what all is missing. Would like pictures or exploded view of it.

Thanks guys

All I can tell you for sure is that there is a precision balanced spindle adapter that should be on that taper. It will have a spanner type nut that clamps the wheel. Have you searched for a manual?

Charlie
As mentioned by bcall2043 ...
The Sopko adapter is what you need. Bear in mind that the spindle is threaded with a 1/2-13 left hand thread. Because of this be sure that the rotation of the wheel is clockwise as viewed by the operator. For the same reason the spanner nut that holds the wheel to the adapter must also have a left hand thread. Don't buy any used adapters without knowing this feature.
You may also need the nut that holds the adapter on the spindle. If you have to buy one select the Hexagon rather than the round one with the slot. You'll also need the "socket" wrench to match.

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
Back