Harrison 13" lathe

bigearl67

Active User
Registered
I picked up a new 13” Harrison lathefor the shop the other day. I wasn’t expecting to get into another project butpretty much lost my head when I seen it was the high speed version and had thefollow and steady rest as well as an Aloris t-p and like new Bison chuck. Ithas some issues and the Q-C box will need attention and defiantly needs re-bushed.I cleaned and drained the headstock and the forward/reverse lever for the Q-Cbox needs to be fixed but it looks like everything is there and in goodcondition. A previous owner obviously beat this a bit however the ways are ingood shape and it looks like I should have this up and running to standard witha couple days effort.
It appears to have the original two stage motor but I am notsure if it’s acting up due to dirty contacts or something more sinister.

I do have a few questions for anyone who has one of thesemachines that might be willing to help:

The motor engagement lever bracket mounted on the bed isbroker on mine, does anyone have a pic. of what the badge stated?

What oil did Harrison recommend forthe headstock?

Does anyone know of a parts machine laying around?

Thanks, Earl

harrison_zps8cb14332.jpg

cool machine, good luck. An owners manual might be a good place to start looking. I'm sure folks around here can point you in the right direction.

Nice find :)
I just missed out on a nicely tooled 11" last year.

Back