Harrison lathe

Doug66

Registered
Registered
IMG_0781.JPGI'm trying to find a regular cross slide for my L5A Harrison, it came with the hydraulic copier or duplicator im not sure what its called, but for the age of my machine and the weight of that cross slide is wearing my ways. I would like to lighten the load on the old girl

IMG_0781.JPG

I'd expect that finding another cross slide for your lathe would be no easy task.
I'm unfamiliar with your particular tracer system but is there any possibility that you could unbolt the unneeded components from your present cross slide?

Good luck.

hi senna
the cross slide I have is a single casting any bolted parts are small enough to not change the weight, I've been considering cutting the slide in half but hate to ruin a good casting.

I have an L6 that is very similar - mine has the taper attachment. I have not seen much about these lathes in the US. There is a Harrison Lathe group on Yahoo with members both here in the US as well as the UK and other parts of the world. You might find something there.

if you don't have any luck finding a cross slide,
it would be possible to remove your old slide and hand scrape the surfaces and add oil flaking for maximum bearing potential of your surfaces.
it's going to be a little time consuming but it is an alternative should you be so inclined.

Back