Has anyone bought any of the Mr Pete training videos? Separate videos from his Youtube stuff

Maybe he is a member already and chooses to be incognito. I don't know - just wondering.

I have considered buying his training videos also. I think most of them are available on YouTube, but supporting him would be a nice gesture. I have learned a lot from him.

MR. Pete is well worth the time to learn many things. His videos have helped me much more productive with my lathe especially but also with my mill.
Not to mention the knowledge in set up he provides.

He has said the material in these videos is completely different from his youtube videos. Of course with the depth of his youtube videos I'm sure there is some overlap, it would be difficult not to cover some of the same material, but at the very least it is not the same footage.
I also imagine in a training video he sells he can skip some of the infotainment that seems to be required to get views on youtube, although he doesn't seem to lean into that as much as some. Of course that may not be a positive for some.

As far as a discount, he already offers 25% off if buying 2 or more videos as well as 20% for veterans and first responders (don't know if these discounts stack), so its probably not unlikely that something could be arranged.

I do wonder sometimes how many youtubers have private accounts online. I know if I was famous I'd want to have a private persona separate from my public one. Then again, I wouldn't really like being famous except for the cute groupies and free swag. :grin:

A couple five years ago, I got a surprise in the mail. It was a USB flash drive with a handwritten note from Mr. Pete. Turns out my dad bought me a copy after I bought my Atlas. It was unexpected, because dad and I weren't talking much at the time, but I called him that day and we've been talking regularly ever since. Anyway, I'm not much of a youtube viewer (I like words printed on paper), so I haven't made it through the whole course, but it looks similar to his youtube videos but in a structured, ordered format. I can't claim you'll get info not presented anywhere else, but Mr. Pete does a great job of covering the material as usual.

Tubalcain / Mr Pete 222 has a series of training videos which are separate from his youtube videos. He is often mentioned for his youtube channel, but I can't recall seeing any discussion of these videos and a search is backing me up on that.

These are apparently more structured and formal than his generally project based youtube videos.

He is offering a sale through November (he puts them on sale often), so I was considering getting one of them. They are not cheap but the money goes to somebody who has put a lot of effort into the hobby, and they do look pretty in depth. I was just hoping to hear from somebody who had taken the plunge on one to sway me.

He does not explicitly say so but I assume he follows the curriculum he used when teaching in a class room setting.

Screen shot of the contents of the South Bend lathe video (from an earlier Christmas 2021 sale).

View attachment 420347

I got a copy of the video course for Atlas Lathe. Because I have an Atlas I refurbished and will give to a younger family member. I can put the Lathe Course with it and they have a set of instruction all together and in order instead of searching YouTube’s piece by piece.

He did send a hand written note with mine as well.

1666039180027.jpeg

I just sold my Atlas. My friend hasn't even picked it up yet, but he was super excited when I told him I'd give him my Mr. Pete videos along with it. Like the Atlas MOLO, every lathe should come equipped with it.

Big fan of the guy, but with all the free information out there, I don't see any reason to spend that much.

I bought some remarkable videos by a man named W.R. Smith. A real wizard. He died in 2016, but his site is still up. If you haven't seen W.R. Smith, you owe it to yourself to check him out. Mr. Pete is great, but W.R. Smith is on another level. He was a toolmaker and clockmaker. Did amazing things.

W.R. Smith

Back