Have a Rivett Transverse Mill accessory

Vermontguy54

Registered
Registered
My dad had this part in with his shop and I've had a few people send me information on a Rivett Transverse Mill which this appears to be a substantial part of one. Any ideas on value of something like this? I'm not sure if the other parts that belong to it are there or not. Other odd thing is it doesn't have a maker's mark on it from Rivett. Any thoughts or interest in this? Thanks BrianRivett milling attachment 1.jpg.jpegRivett Transverse Mill 2.jpgRivett Transverse Mill 1.jpgRivett milling attachment 1.jpg.jpegRivett Transverse Mill 2.jpgRivett Transverse Mill 1.jpgRivett milling attachment 2.jpegRivett milling attachment 2.jpegRivett milling attachment.jpg

Another odd thing is the Germany on the scale, Rivett was made in the USA. It does have the overall style of Rivett though, particularly the handwheels which have a rather distinctive long and spindly appearance. Perhaps just an old repair, but it is weird.

No idea of value in its current condition. If there is a risk of it getting scrapped, I'd be interested as it is neat, but it isn't worth a lot to me.

I'm in a Rivett group, I can ask about the value compete and as is. I imagine complete it would be worth a fair bit.

Thanks for reply. I have had a couple of potential interested parties but nothing solid yet. If there is other Rivett groups out there I'd like to reach out to them if you can point me in the right direction. Thanks Brian

There is a Groups IO Rivett group, it isn't very active but there are some people who know these lathes well there. Groups IO has filled in for many of the old Yahoo groups when support for Yahoo groups ended.

https://groups.io/g/Rivett

I did make a post there to try and get an idea of the value of the attachment complete as well as with one of your photos showing what you have, to see what a reasonable price might be in that condition. No response yet, but I only posted last night.

Clearly you are missing part of it, but I would think it could be rebuilt into a functional milling attachment with a fair bit of work. As parts for somebody who has another one missing parts it might be worth a fair bit more than it would be for somebody like me looking at it as a maybe could be made to work project.

Back