Hazard Fraught noise and fume generator

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I decided I no longer wish to risk cutting questionable stuff on my bandsaws so I took advantage of a HF sale on Bauer chop saws for $99. I do occasionally cut hardened steel and I'm tired of fiddling around with my angle grinder in that role.

I did pick up two Hercules blades for it. They seem to do okay but they are not impressive in the least.

What brands make the fastest cutting and least heat generating wheels for a 14" chop saw?

I bought some 3m cubitron 4.5" grinding wheels for my angle grinder and they create a ton less heat while giving a nice fast cut. There must be a similar wheel for these saws.

I never buy ANY type of cutting blade at HF; they've all sucked for me (dull fast, don't cut). If you have an industrial supply place nearby, try there. You will pay more, but it will be worth it. Even the big box stores have decent abrasive blades. I think Norton makes one.

I think you've already latched on to it. The remainder is just to make a fixture for your angle grinder to make a straight cut.

GsT

is it a fiber blade or a carbide blade saw? They run at different RPMs and the blades cant be interchanged.

I use what ever abrasive blade the welding store sells at twice the price of HF.

Since I got my Evolution type Dry Cut saw I hardly ever use my abrasive saw anymore. I would love to try out a low speed (~20 rpm) cold cut saw some time. They sound like they are angle cutting nirvana.

I use what ever abrasive blade the welding store sells at twice the price of HF.

Since I got my Evolution type Dry Cut saw I hardly ever use my abrasive saw anymore. I would love to try out a low speed (~20 rpm) cold cut saw some time. They sound like they are angle cutting nirvana.
I bought the abrasive saw for cutting questionable materials and obviously hardened materials. Nothing I'd use a cold saw or dry cut saw for.

Back