Headsup: HF air rivet gun close out!

C-Bag

Ned Ludd's bro
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I’ve been wanting one of these forever and had good reason to get it and glad I did! I’m fabbing up an all metal barn door of our new shed and used it for the first 40-50 1/8” pop rivets and so glad I got this! I’ve easily got twice that many to go and it’s crazy how easy it makes setting rivets. I’m not sure if they are just going phase it out and let the next one in the line at $70 be the only riveter they carry. But nobody has anything in this price range and these might be the last. Mine came with a complete rebuild kit. Two thumbs way up!

I bought one about ten years ago, it was about twice that price. I should probably grab another one but the truth is I have used it very little since my project (the reason for buying it) was done.

i have no idea what they were before but a friend who was doing flight cases for music sound equipment bought a name brand one and it was like $600. Home Dump wants $120 for the cheap one and $400 for the “nice” one. Either way as usual HF has got the goods for us weekend fabricators and even though I’m on about 1/3 way through my project my hands are thanking me for not doing the multi pump per rivet! Even if it dies after this one project(which I don’t see that happening) I’ve totally gotten my $40 worth!

I was pulling 3/16" rivets. I did a couple by hand, then headed to the store.
I resemble that sentiment! What‘s mystery in hindsight is why I bought a manual riveter when my old riveter broke after 40+ years and didn’t just buy this pneumatic? I’ll never use that manual riveter again, period.

I bought the very same riveter at HF years several ago. It works great once you get it adjusted right. I've used it quite a bit more than I thought I would, but like most tools, once you have them you'll find the use for them. I used to dread setting rivets with the hand squeeze gun, now it's almost fun.
That is a real good price, I might buy another one as a back-up.

I needed the manual one when I installed the gutter parts on the hangar. It was a very tight space when the rivets had to be pulled from inside the gutter. The one I used has an articulating head.

This shed barn door is 5.6’x 7.3’. The skin is 25ga galvalume 5v. I had to trim both sides down and I did one side with snips. Man was that dumb. Tried my electric cutters, no bueno. Finally broke out the old standby 4.5” Makita grinder with a suicide wheel. Easy peasy and no distortion. So did the rest of the cuts that way. Only way to fly.

Last edited:
It works great once you get it adjusted right.
So what do you do to adjust it? It was totally kickin it then a shank got tangled and I had to disassemble the nose. The only thing that wasn’t stupid tight was a nut inside the nose. I cranked it down and it seemed harder to get the little nose adapter back on, but it’s cranking again.

Last edited:
Back