Heavy Duty Knurling Tool Kit

Great series. I have been watching them. Thank you for taking the time to make the videos and share. I know that takes a lot of time!

Thanks for watching and the kind words!

Yes I love it for fine work, but I'm having issues with the bit chipping when I take heavy cuts in larger work. I have to contact them and get their recommendations.

Yes I love it for fine work, but I'm having issues with the bit chipping when I take heavy cuts in larger work. I have to contact them and get their recommendations.
Do share what they say... I want to order one as well... so pretty sure I will run into the same issue...

I’d like to give a word of support for Doug’s Knurling tool design and kit.

My used lathe came with an Aloris BXA10 knurling tool, and I cringed every time I needed to knurl something, there’s just so much pressure on the machine!

It looks like the “industry standard” is the Eagle Rock, but the price for what it is just seems out of line in my estimation. Stefan Gottenswinter has a video where he does an upgrade to what I seem to recall was a knockoff of the Eagle Rock. And I suspect that even an Eagle Rock could use a tweak or two in order to get to Stefan’s satisfaction.

I decided that Doug’s design looked every bit as capable of the task, and if you were to build it yourself then you have control over the tolerances that Stefan had to work out in his process.

I also did not want to spend too much time on this tool, so I bought the kit that Doug sells along with the drawings. It would not be hard to build just from Doug’s plans, just more time.

The laser cut parts are nicely done and the rest of the kit is made up of quality components with ample material for the task.

I‘m extremely happy with the end result and would recommend this if you are looking for a scissors style tool. Five out of Five Stars is my rating!

9067864C-B01B-4DF4-BD83-817FE4026539.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Jake. I'm glad you enjoyed your build.

Hey LVLAaron
Your kit is all packaged up and will be in the mall 6 A.M. Tomorrow:)

Back