Help Choosing Power Hacksaw Blade

Slightly off topic, but here's a quick trick that might help with your setup. It's especially useful if your work area isn't very level.
Find a cheap laser level - one that doesn't automatically level the laser beam. Set the level on the saw table (I did this on a bandsaw).
kHPIM1105.jpg

Then adjust your support until you can just see the laser spot grazing the top.
HPIM1111.JPG

That;s a great tip, hman! I've got a cheapie HF laser level that will be perfect for that. Thanks!

Besides eye and face protection, don't forget the ear protection!

Besides eye and face protection, don't forget the ear protection!

Absolutely! Unfortunately, I lost a significant portion of my hearing while serving in the Marines. I wear hearing aids in each ear. Well, I'm supposed to wear them anyhow. I normally only wear them when we go to church on Sundays. Ear protection, though, I wear daily! In fact, I have ear plugs draped around my neck as I type this response! I just came in for a bite to eat, been fertilizing, seeding and turning under our winter food plot for the deer. Now, for some timely rain, here in the Brazos river valley of Texas!

Over 30 years of playing with and building warbirds has made a significant impact on one of my ears. I make my 15 year old mow with headsets that provide at least 27 dB of attenuation.
Here is one of my current work toys:

Or........ maybe your looking for validation to buy one of the evolution circular saws. If thats the case I say you should definantly do that. Tell SWMBO we said its OK.
:D

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

sorry to hijack the post,

how do the blades do on them for ware and tear ?

back to topic ;)

You might get away with a thinner kerf blade , might be less prone to rip the thin metal than bend it.

Stuart

Slightly off topic, but here's a quick trick that might help with your setup. It's especially useful if your work area isn't very level.
Find a cheap laser level - one that doesn't automatically level the laser beam. Set the level on the saw table (I did this on a bandsaw).
View attachment 111525

Then adjust your support until you can just see the laser spot grazing the top.
View attachment 111526
That’s a great idea, but don’t forget to account for the laser is coming out of that level at a certain height above the base of the level. You must add in that difference in height when you figure the actual height of the support …Dave.

Back