Help identifying a couple things (new pictures and items added)

Skedaddle

Registered
Registered
Can anyone tell me what this is used for? It seems to be a method to measure or test an inside diameter, but there does not seem to be a rhyme or reason to the various steps. Each one can be pulled out and used individually and they are numbered 1-15(8 is missing). Number one is a little over 2" across.

20191214_140529.jpg20191214_140529.jpg20191214_135911.jpg

Next I have no clue about. The only markings are "14 ." the period looks more like a degree mark but is positioned as a subscript, not superscript. The "duckbill" pivots on the pin and is spring loaded to keep it in the up position.
20191214_135911.jpg20191214_135948.jpg20191214_135948.jpg

Any help identifying these items would be welcome.

The brass items are cork borers, for boring holes in corks and rubber stoppers. I have a set that's not nearly so fancy, very useful.
The second item might be a sharpener for the cork borers.
No idea on the third one.

The brass items are cork borers, for boring holes in corks and rubber stoppers. I have a set that's not nearly so fancy, very useful.
Well thank you. Cork borers, I would have never come up with that. Now that you mention it there is cork in the hollow ends of a couple and some rubber membrane in a couple of others. I never really saw the cross pieces as handle. Now I know.

As to the other pics they are all of the same item. I do not think they're related as they came from different places.

i

Last edited:
That last item looks like only a small part of a larger machine. My brain (not working lately) immediately moved things around the pin. Is it a catch mechanism that releases when something moves past it?

joe

That's what I love about this place , you never stop learning new things . :encourage:

That last item looks like only a small part of a larger machine. My brain (not working lately) immediately moved things around the pin. Is it a catch mechanism that releases when something moves past it?

joe
I like the idea but there is no method for attachment. The shaft is knurled so I do not think it would go through a collar...

At first thought it reminded me of a back spot facing/champhering tool . :dunno:

Ok perhaps I was too quick with the second piece not going in a collar... digging through some more random stuff I found a piece that had "14..2311.3" on it. Ah 14 again, so I went and got the duck billed piece(with "14." on it and sure enough it seems to fit in the collar.

So now maybe someone will have seen something like it. So what is this piece and what does it go to? All help and ideas are welcome. If more pictures or measurements would help, let me know.

Thanks

20191217_160255.jpg

20191217_160303.jpg

20191217_160319.jpg

20191217_160347.jpg

The two bolts above the round plate look like they would be used to give fine angular adjustment, bearing against a tab on a mating part (whatever machine this thingumajig mounts to). No ideas otherwise.

My guess is a attachment for grinder/sharpener for horizontal milling cutters or circular saw blades. The screws on base might bring the casting toward the grinding wheel, and the sliding arm would get your diameter adjustment for different blades. The finger would adjust to index tooth in correct position for grinding. Then maybe a arbor or mounting system for blades on top that casting. I have a t&c cutter grinder that has a index finger attachment that looks similar to what you pictured.

Back