Help Identifying a Sewing Machine Motor

O.K. now we got a conversation. If I use a gear box or a ratio gear what would the results be? Right now it has, a pulley on a 0.250" shaft ,I.D. of 0.396 x O.D. of 0.659". To give it some "GUTS" what will I need to do?
How big a pulley on the spindle shaft would I need? Would it be better to have a timing belt set up?
If I use a gear box what would be the correct type and ratio?

O.K. now we got a conversation. If I use a gear box or a ratio gear what would the results be? Right now it has, a pulley on a 0.250" shaft ,I.D. of 0.396 x O.D. of 0.659". To give it some "GUTS" what will I need to do?
How big a pulley on the spindle shaft would I need? Would it be better to have a timing belt set up?
If I use a gear box what would be the correct type and ratio?

I would start at the output and work backwards. What is your desired optimum spindle speed? You still need to know the approximate motor speed under no load. Then do the math. motor 10k rpm-spindle 2k rpm--5 : 1 ratio. Grainger has a bunch of these little gear box motors mostly made and marketed by DAYTON Mfg. Gearing down really multiplies torque which is more or less direct power. For example. The restaurant at the top of the space needle in Seattle is rotated by a 3/4hp motor. At one revolution every five minutes it does not take much.

Back to you. If a local sewing machine repair shop can not help you Google up the motor manufacturer and get the specs.

There's the rub, I have no way to tell what the r.p.m.'s are. I need to get a ballpark figure and can't seem to find one. As I said it is for a White machine no model or serial number, and it is pad stamped in blue ink, zigzag stitcher #150671 on one side and a circled #2 on the other. That's all I have to go on, I'd make a lousy Sherlock Holmes!!

The speed could be all the way to about 9000 rpm. I used a Foredom speed controller to set the speed on my project.

I will consent to, an assumption here. If I assume the max of 9000 r.p.m.'s, and I compare a Dremel max of 30,000 what ration is needed for a comfortable say 20,000 r.p.m.'s?
Is It correct to divide the motor r.p.m. of 9,000, into the final drive of 20,000 = 2.22. Is it possible to have a ratio of 2.5 to 1 ?

Back