Help Identifying What this Goes To.

will.mcray

Registered
Registered
I have this tool but can’t seem to find what it goes to. I know it’s a grinding fixture and is adjustable. The swivel part has a mount for something but I have never seen anything like this. There is no name or part number any where on this.

If anyone has a clue about, I sure would appreciate some help.

Thank you all in advance.

Will
1e1724998271412e39de119e31ee5edc.jpg

9ceaa1e4144369211229dd8ddbe11d9a.jpg

444f967d748d2667a82692ccf0fd002a.jpg

36db583829b0ad4b135b550ea9dd058c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks sort of like a radius dresser for shaping grinding wheels.
But the hold-down lugs on the base lead me to think that it's not for use on a mag chuck so maybe it for use on a mill.

You're missing a slide on the side . The diamond would mount on the slide . Set your angle with the vernier or sine bar and dress angles on the grinding wheel. I just let one go to Jason down in Virginia , maybe he'll post a pic of it .

You're missing a slide on the side . The diamond would mount on the slide . Set your angle with the vernier or sine bar and dress angles on the grinding wheel. I just let one go to Jason down in Virginia , maybe he'll post a pic of it .
David,
What the heck would we do without you??

David,
What the heck would we do without you??
Maybe ................................sleep ? :grin: I need to get back on the puter at night , to keep Aukia amused . My passwords have all expired and we went to Microsoft Edge which I'm having difficulty with . Next week I'll have to get it all straightened out . I can't even get to the W/O / request pages yet . :grin:

mmcmdl, thanks for that information. I hope Jason can post some pictures. I would really like to see what the slide looks like. Do you know who was the manufacturer of this?

Back