Help needed with a project.

It looks cool. But I would assume it would take a good chunk of time. Unless alot of them pieces are just copy and paste even with a cnc your looking at a ton of hours. Might be better to sign up at a tech school and make it your project

ya its gonna be a good bit of work. many parts are just simple parts rods plates etc. the finger joints get complicated. I understand this is a favor like asking your brother for a pint of blood and when he gets stuck with the needle they take 3 while they are there. much of this is rod that neds to be turned on the ends and threaded etc. there are complicated parts but it looks like it is more than it is (I hope). ill post one of the drawings I have later to look at.

It looks cool. But I would assume it would take a good chunk of time. Unless alot of them pieces are just copy and paste even with a cnc your looking at a ton of hours. Might be better to sign up at a tech school and make it your project

I have planner and estimator fabricating experience. Very sorry, but you are asking for more than just blood and you want it in stainless too! It’s not a bit of work, it’s a mega project, especially for a solo machinist and it’s not a project that every chip maker can tackle either. Please understand, I’m not trying to derail your dream in owning a T arm, heavens no. But maybe try a different direction in accomplishing your dream…Good Luck.

agreed it is a big project. i also have 20+ years in sign fabrication. this is a project that is going to appeal to another terminator lover who also wants to build themselves the arm too. Ill get the materials and i have already secured the drawings. im not asking someone to just do this for me out of the goodness of their heart. I am hoping someone will want to make this for themselves and its not that much more to make 2 of each part as to just make one of each part.

the first drawing is from a model used in the films.

12384_zpsdf4c82b9.jpg

joint4_zpsbd290df8.jpg

HandTEST_zpsca64604c.png

Well, someone had made it at first, for the movie.
I think a piece like this one could find collectors paying good money for it, if the quality is above the average plastic prop, so it wouldn't be bad to make it with CNC, to make replicas when requested.

When I got these drawing I had to promise not to sell these. or I would have gone to a machine shop and get them to make them and just mark it up enough to get mine in there.

Back