Help wanted in Seattle (paid): Unloading and Setting up a 400 pound mill and a 1300 pound lathe

andrewgr

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Sometime later this month, I'm expecting to get a Precision Mathews mill delivered. I'd like help using an engine hoist to move it from where it's delivered to where it needs to be installed, and putting it on its stand. Optionally, I would be willing to pay extra for someone to stay around an extra hour or two and help me wash, degrease, oil, and test the thing.

Then in April or May, I'm expecting to get a Precision Mathews lathe delivered. Exact same deal-- I need to move it from where it's dropped off into my work area and set it up on its stand. Again, I would be willing to pay extra for someone to stick around until we get it to the point where I can be certain it's working.

I do not have an engine hoist, but they're on sale at Harbor Freight, and there's one in town, so I can buy one if need be. If you respond to this request and have your own, it needs to pass through a normal size door, something like 34" wide. Most of the engine hoists I've seen are too wide for that, but if you've got one that fits, I'd be willing to pay for its use, so I don't need to buy and store a piece of equipment I'll rarely use.

With regard to Covid concerns: my wife has an auto-immune disease, and is in a high risk group. So whereas I would normally invite you into my home and feed you, I'm afraid we'll need to confine ourselves to the garage-- I could still order pizza or something. I will be wearing a mask, goggles, and gloves at all times, and regretfully need to insist that you wear at least a mask, which I'm happy to provide for you. I'm an ultra-safe risk to be around-- I've left my house less than once per month since last February.

I hope we get along and are able to do some machining together in the future, but if you are just motivated by the chance to earn some cash, that's fine, too.

I am also expecting a PM mill to be delivered later in January or early February and will have the same problem, the only difference being I am in the Phoenix metro area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back